BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

8/03/2009

Branson USA

I've been going to Branson for, well, my entire life. I used to go with my parents every summer. We would stay at least a week, going to shows, playing mini-golf, playing at the pool; we used to do it all. Go carts, arcade, the Water Shute... and we can't forget Silver Dollar City.

There was a time when we'd seen every show there. Back when there were just a handful of shows to see. The originals. Back when all of Branson was located on one road, highway 76. It wasn't unusual for some of my aunts, uncles and cousins to come too. It was a real family vacation spot.

It still is, it's bigger and flashier. There are more shows, more attractions, more places to shop. To me it's kind of like a Vegas for the family minus the gambling. Whatever your vice is, you can probably find it in Branson.

While the boyos and I were back visiting, my parents took us to Branson so we could go to a water park called White Water.The slides you see here are the biggest in the park and the lines for these are the longest. We did not ride on these.
We did ride the tan one several times. In past years you could take a double-tube down almost all of the slides. This year there was only one that allowed the double-tube. For us it really cut down on what we could do. My boyos aren't strong enough swimmers for me to feel comfortable allowing them to go on slides alone.This is a fabulous place for the kiddos! They have their own kid sized slides and it's relatively cut off from the rest of the park (one way in and out) so I didn't have to constantly fret about someone running off with my boyos.

I do that a lot. Fret. I'm a worrier. It's my nature.

If you go to White Water be sure to rent a cabana. It's so worth it. In your cabana is a locker, table and chairs to come back to when your feet can't take any more, a t.v. and did I mention lounge chairs?

Another great place to visit is Branson Landing. Tons of shops, places to eat and live music. After a long day of playing in the water the Landing is a nice way to end the day with the trolley that will take you from one end to the other.

The first day there we went to play mini-golf at Greatest Adventures. It was perfect for my dragon crazy boyos. I took tons of pics, and if I can get my computer to work, I'll try to get some up. But for now...here's a pic of the dragon. No, that's not us in the picture.
We got to play through a castle and there was even a replica of Excalibur. What more could a boy want you ask...well, head to the gift shop and you'll find out. They have just about anything you could want pertaining to dragons. My oldest boyo was in dragon heaven.

The Branson of my youth and the Branson of today are two totally different places. Branson has grown unbelievably in the thirty or so years I've been going. Some of my best childhood memories are from Branson. It's really quite something being there with my parents and my boyos. ;)

0 comments: