BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

8/19/2009

Vampire Diaries

Way back in 1991 I picked up a book just out of curiosity, The Vampire Diaries, Volume I: The Awakening. My life was forever changed.

L.J. Smith opened my eyes to the world of paranormal.

A world, I might add, where the vampires aren't automatically the bad guys.

I fell completely in love with Stefan Salvitore.
*swoon*

And Damon...well, he has that bad boy front that all teenage girls are drawn to.
*fans face*

So, when I got the news that the CW will be airing a show based on The Vampire Dairies...I squealed like a teenage girl, then got out my old copies of the books and read them all again.

Yes, I still have all of the originals and yes, I'm buying them in the new format too. You see, my books in a series must match. They have to.

L.J. Smith has started releasing new Vampire Diaries books. The Return: Nightfall focuses more on Damon and doesn't disappoint.

I have to say, when I found out that they're changing some things in the show I was a wee bit upset. Honestly, it's spectacular just the way it is. But after seeing some of the trailers...*swoon*

Here's the trailer.

So, what do you think?

2 comments:

MeganRebekah said...

OMG I love LJ Smith! The Vampire Diaries were amazing, as well as her other series, like The Secret Circle and The Forbidden Game and Dark Visions.
It's so nice to find other people who have been there since the originals!

(And LJ Smith definitely turned me on to paranormal)

Jennie said...

MeganRebekah, We LJ Smith fans need to stick together! I'm so excited she's continuing the story.