BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

9/08/2009

Decision Made

I took the weekend to really think about my conundrum. Start sending out or not?

I could go into some long story about how I searched deep within my soul and made a gut-wrenching decision after having a big epiphany. It would be a good story. Really.

But, I didn't.

I read my book. Printed the whole thing out, sat on my couch and read it.

And you know what I found? A story I genuinely like.

Somewhere along the way I lost sight of my initial goal. This book is really for me. It's a story that just won't leave me alone. I "wrote" it down because I was having such a good time with the characters and the story they were telling me.

I went back and read my story and I'm taking the advice of one of my characters.(I do know the characters aren't real)

Sometimes in life you just have to go for it.

So, I'm going for it.

I've had the best time writing this story and I'll write the next one even if no one ever sees this one.

Don't get me wrong, I would love, love, love to see my book published. But, I'm not going to get so stressed out about who likes my story and who doesn't.

I'm going to go with the flow. ;)

2 comments:

MeganRebekah said...

What a great attitude to have! Good luck with the submission and keep us updated

Jennie said...

Thanks MeganRebekah! I'll be sending out to about 15 agents later this week! *crosses fingers*