BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

4/11/2009

Books and Such

I'm more than a little obsessed with books. I absolutely have to have a book to read.

Not only do I have to have a book that I'm reading I also must have at least two waiting for me. If I'm reading a series, all books of that series must be in the same form. They must match. It's just one of my little quirks.

The other day I was complaining to my mom that I'm in need of a new bookshelf. "Mine is overflowing and some of the shelves are starting to complain about all of the weight," I told her. To which she said, "Just get rid of some of them."

I know, right? My own mother. It's sad really. Doesn't she know, those books are my friends? How can I possibly choose which ones to say goodbye to? I know some of them are old and worn, but like my favorite shirt those are the most comfortable. Most of my books belong in a series, so if I get rid of one, my series would be incomplete. *shudder*

No, no I just can't get rid of them...that's just not an option. So, my shelves will just have to groan about the weight and my hubby will just have to find a place for a new book shelf.

Ok, let me step off of my squawk box. I think I've got it all out of my system.

0 comments: