BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

6/02/2010

Pizza Pie?

My baby is six years old. How did this happen?! He's no longer just a one hander. He now has to hold up both hands to show people how old he is. *sigh*

He's cute isn't he? I may be a little biased. Just a tad. ;-) This picture was taken by a friend of ours who happens to be starting up a photography business. If you're interested you can find her here. Thanks Rachel for the awesome pictures!

For his birthday he wanted to have a chef party. He wants to be a chef with his own restaurant when he grows up. So we went to this great little place called Young Chef's Academy where he got to have a pizza party! The kiddos each got to make their own personal sized pizza then at the end of the party they got to eat it! The chef in charge of our party did a fantastic job of including all the kids and really explaining each process. The best part, though, was the way they took care of everything! Everything! The only thing I had to worry about was the cake.

You can't have a pizza party with out a pizza cake, right? Right! So, I scoured the internet for pizza shaped cake recipes. I didn't find too many, but what I found was enough. I combined several ideas and came up with this.

Looks like a deep dish pizza to me! It's a lemon sponge pie. And when you cut into it, it really looks like it's filled with cheese.
This was my trial cake. I couldn't wait to cut into it and have a taste which is why it's a little lopsided in the picture. It really needs to sit in the fridge for a few hours to set up properly. But it was oh so good! The top is similar to a lemon cake while the center is more of a custard consistency. Yum-Oh! If anyone is interested I can put up the recipe. :-)

1 comments:

Rachel Perry said...

Awww... I can't believe he's six either! The party looks like it was a lot of fun. That place is at Williams Trace and HWY 6, right? I just saw it the other day!

Thanks for the mention. Your family's portrait session is still one of my favorite!