BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

11/07/2009

Writing Again

I'm still waiting on several agents to get back with me. I've been playing the waiting game. It's the hardest game I know. I'm horrible at waiting. The worst.

To get my mind off of it, I've started writing again. I'm working on the next book in the series I hope to get published one day. There are six books altogether in the first story, buy I have several ideas past that.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to get to know your characters. What their physical appearance is, their likes and dislikes, their history, their attitudes, finding their voice. It can take me days to find just the right name. And the name has to be right. No name, no writing. The story just won't happen for me.

Before I can really start writing, I need to know everything about my characters along with the setting they're in. If they use a weapon, I research the weapon so when I write about it I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about.

I also need to have a pretty good idea of  what will be happening. For me, it's like watching the preview of a movie. I know all the good parts, I just have to fill in the rest.

It's my research phase. I really enjoy the research phase. It's where I am right now.

I'm almost done with it. In fact, this next week I should be able to start working on my next story. *does happy dance*

What's your writing process?

0 comments: